Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Monster in Me

I have this monster in me that needs to be fed constantly. It doesn't eat food, or meat, or anything edible. This monster feeds on attention and affection. I always have this need to be with a guy. To have a guy that I can talk to, and not as a friend. I have enough male friends, but that special someone has still eluded me.

I always meet guys that seem to be that special someone and it takes several months for me to figure out that they are not so special. You would think that I would have learned my lesson by now. But that monster is still there. So I find myself having to replace the guy once he leaves. The monster just would not rest.

I don't know if anyone out there understands how I feel. I have recently found myself at that point again where the guy has shown his true colours. Now the sensible thing would be to completely cut him off and move on with my life. I can't do that because the monster must be fed. So I still find myself calling the guy, spending time with him and generally fooling myself.

Please if there are any monster hunters out there, I need your help. Kindly come and catch this monster in me and set it free in the wild. I need to learn to be single and happy. I need to learn how to be by myself and not be sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment